We provide an encouraging environment where your students can strive for more.
Back to School
Monday, August 10 – First day of school for High School
Tuesday, August 11 – First day of school for Middle School
Wednesday, August 12 – First day of school for Elementary
Please look for an email from Mary Jo Shannon with important information about the start of school. WCS is proud to announce the implementation of a “Data-Driven, Doctor-Managed” program called I’m Healthy Today: Schools to assist in exceeding national safety guidelines. The multi-faceted program utilizes technology for daily health screening that includes doctor established algorithms and doctor tele-health visits for every student, teacher and faculty member as needed for diagnosis and assessment of COVID-19 and I’m Healthy Today Schools.
Returning to Campus – What is WGCS Doing?
We look forward to returning to campus on Monday, August 10, for the first day of school with face to face instruction and a normal schedule. The recent announcements from the SC Governor and local school systems do not impact our commitment to provide face to face instruction on campus, taking precautions to protect the health and safety of our students and staff.
Through the spring and summer months school leadership and staff have worked tirelessly to re-engineer our school environment, develop protocols to reduce risk of infection, and modify our facility to do all that we can to keep COVID-19 out of Walnut Grove. We would like to share with you some general information about what we have done or will be doing this upcoming school year. Detailed plans will be released this upcoming week.
- Installed Phenomenal AireCold Plasma Generator on all HVAC systems and have taken steps to provide improved ventilation in classrooms.
- Created outdoor learning areas to be utilized by teachers as much as possible.
- Provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the school.
- Classroom layouts have been modified to provide increased space for students. Non essential furnishings and all carpets and fabric items have been removed from classrooms.
- Upon arrival at school, students, staff, and anyone entering the building will have their temperature checked and complete a symptom assessment. We ask that parents keep sick students at home.
- Thursday Chapel has been redesigned to stream worship and teaching into the classrooms.
- Students will eat lunch in their classroom with their class.
- Large group activities such as recess and music have been redesigned to minimize group sizes.
- Teachers will be provided with shields to wear when working with students in which appropriate distancing is not possible. Masks for students are optional.
- Hand washing, cleaning, and sanitizing will occur with increased frequency.
- When at all possible, students will remain with the same group of students throughout the day.
- A plan will be in place for continued learning if a school group, student, or teacher must remain at home because of COVID-19 exposure.
In an effort to streamline communications, we have designated Mary Jo Shannon as our contact person for any COVID-19 correspondence and questions. Please communicate with her at this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-835-2002. She will work directly with our team and me to provide prompt, concise communications to our families.
Parents, PLEASE partner with us to be diligent in taking precautions at home and in the community to make sure that we all do our part to keep our WGCS community safe and healthy. As always, we want to hear from you. Feel free to respond to this email if you have questions or additional thoughts. Thank you to each of you for your commitment to Walnut Grove and continued support of what God is doing in the life of the school and our families.
Kyle Boyd, Headmaster
Distance Learning during COVID-19
Learn More About Us
Take a 3D Virtual Tour of Walnut Grove
Click below and you’ll be given instant access to our 3D Tour where you can walk through our building at your own pace, take a look around, and hear from our headmaster, Kyle Boyd, about what makes Walnut Grove Christian School a great place to be.
Thoughts from Our Parents
Thank you for all your hard work on distance learning for our kids. I have coworkers who have kids in both public and private schools in North and South Carolina. The consensus is it isn’t going very well for them and they’re struggling…lots of confusion. I pray for them and share this story with you to say that we’re very blessed at WGCS and you’ve done a remarkable job. Please be encouraged.
I am beyond excited to see what you and the staff at WGCS staff have done with Distance Learning and how this effort is keeping all our kids on track! Great work. We will keep praying for you, your family, and the entire WGCS Family for courage and strength to the other side!
Jeff & Suzanne H.
Continue to be Impressed
We continue to be impressed with the teachers and how they are facilitating meaningful learning and lessons remotely.