SCHOOL UNIFORM STANDARDS
The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit as referenced in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It is this truth that dictates our desire to have student attire that is modest and decent (1 Timothy 2:9). Students are expected to dress modestly, neatly, and in good taste at all times. Research validates that modesty and neatness impact student learning. A well-groomed and modestly dressed student should come to school with an attitude that prepares him/her for neat, conscientious work.
- ALL articles of clothing, tops and bottoms, including multiple layers and outerwear must be purchased from our School Uniform website Globalschoolwear.com using school code WALN01
- Students may wear outerwear from any vendor as they arrive, dismiss or during outdoor activities but all jackets, sweaters and garments worn indoors throughout the school day must come from Globalschoolwear.com.
- No alterations to the length of the garment are permitted. The only exceptions to this rule are as follows: Shorts in the boys and men’s sizes. Those can be hemmed up to no more than 2 inches above the knee cap. AND Pants can be hemmed if needed for safety to reach the middle to upper part of the back of the shoe.
- Please label all apparel with your student’s name.
- Tights & Leggings – Students can purchase tights (solid white, tan, or black) and leggings (solid black only) from any retailer to be worn with school uniform bottoms.
- Jumpers – Students must wear a school uniform top under all jumpers.
- Footwear – Students can wear any closed toe shoe, sandal (with heel strap that remains in place on the heel), or boot in good condition. No slides, slippers, bedroom slippers or flip flops. Any color socks is acceptable.
- Earrings/Girls – Body piercing jewelry may only be worn in the ear. No other areas of the body should be visible with body piercing jewelry. Absolutely NO gauge, spike, or other distracting earrings allowed.
- Earrings/Boys – No earrings or body piercing jewelry may be worn.
- Tattoos must be covered COMPLETELY at all times AND at all school related functions.
- Hats, hoods, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building at any time.
- PE and Sports Practices/Activities – PE uniforms will be issued by WGCS at the school’s expense.
- Dress Passes are earned as rewards from teachers, administration or for attending athletic events.
- Dress Passes can be used on Mondays only!
- Students can wear solid color jeans (in good condition – no holes) and WGCS Spirit Wear with a Dress Pass. If a student opts not to wear jeans, uniform bottoms are required.
- WGCS Spirit Wear must be purchased via Apparelnow.com/walnut-grove-gear or via PIT Crew School Store, WGCS Sports Team, WGCS Club/Event or purchased via WGCS prior to the 2022-23 school year.
Spirit Wear Day & Spirit Week:
- The first Tuesday of each month is Spirit Wear Day! Students can wear jeans (in good condition – no holes) with their WGCS Spirit Wear on these days.
- If a student decides not to participate in a particular Spirit Day, then school uniform is mandatory. If any infraction of these policies occurs, parents will be called to bring in appropriate clothing.
- Girls may wear modest one-piece bathing suits or a “tank” that covers the mid-section during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities.
- Boys may wear swimsuits during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities. Boys may not wear bikini brief swimsuits.
In addition to the previously listed guidelines, any outfit that Walnut Grove Christian School deems to be inappropriate will need to be changed that day and parents called to bring appropriate clothing. For outfits deemed inappropriate at a function outside of the classroom, students will be asked to leave the function. Any resulting class absences due to dress code violations are unexcused. Areas of subjectivity are left to the discretion of WGCS Administration.
Families can schedule uniform tryon sessions by emailing Walker@wgcswarriors.com