Please review and sign acknowledgement below:
**Required to be followed on campus and at ALL school related functions.**
The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit as referenced in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It is this truth that dictates our desire to have student attire that is modest and decent (1 Timothy 2:9). Students are expected to dress modestly, neatly, and in good taste at all times. A student should not be dressed in such a way to draw attention to his/her body, but to respect and honor God, themselves, and others. Research validates that modesty and neatness impact student learning. A well-groomed and modestly dressed student should come to school with an attitude that prepares him/her for neat, conscientious work.
ALL articles of clothing, including multiple layers and outerwear must be purchased from our School Uniform website.
- Any shoe, sandal (with strap), or boot in good condition. No slides or flip flops.
- Girls – Body piercing jewelry may only be worn in the ear. No other areas of the body should be visible with body piercing jewelry. Absolutely NO gauge, spike, or other distracting earrings allowed.
- Boys – No earrings or body piercing jewelry may be worn.
Tattoos must be covered COMPLETELY at all times AND at all school related functions.
Hats, hoods, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building at any time.
PE and Sports Practices/Activities:
- PE uniforms must be purchased from our School Uniform website Globalschoolwear.com
- Dress Passes can be used on Mondays only
- Students can wear jeans (in good condition – no holes) and WGCS Spirit Wear with a Dress Pass
- Spirit Wear must be purchased via Apparelnow.com/walnut-grove-gear or via WGCS Sports Team/Event
Spirit Wear Day & Spirit Week:
- The first Tuesday of each month is Spirit Wear Day! Students can wear jeans (in good condition – no holes) with their WGCS Spirit Wear on these days.
- If a student decides not to participate in a particular Spirit Day, then school uniform is mandatory.
- If any infraction of these policies occurs, parents will be called to bring in appropriate clothing.
- Girls may wear modest one-piece bathing suits or a “tank” that covers the mid-section during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities.
- Boys may wear swimsuits during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities. Boys may not wear bikini brief swimsuits.
**In addition to the previously listed guidelines, any outfit that Walnut Grove Christian School deems to be inappropriate will need to be changed that day.