14th Annual High School Retreat
August 24 & 25
130 Camp Rotary Road
Gastonia, NC 28052
August 24: Arrive to school by 8:15am We will leave for Crowders Ridge by 8:30
August 25: Students will return from the Retreat end of the school day. Parents please plan to arrive for pick up at 3:30pm and park in a parking space. For safety purposes, please do not enter the parking lot until the regular Carpool Pick-up procedure is finished. You can use the overflow route via the Caroina Stars if you arrive early. Students will be dismissed after all regular Carpool Pick-up line cars have exited the parking lot.
Please sign BOTH permissions forms for EACH student, linked at the bottom of this page to approve your student’s attendance.
This year we will be staying in the bunk houses.
There will be several activities including:
- corporate worship
- team building with hands on Biblical training
- getting to know you games/activities
- water time
We believe this retreat is extremely valuable. Students are considered ABSENT from school if they choose not to attend without an approved absence. Thank you in advance for allowing your child to join us!
Need to bring:
- Sleeping bag, or blankets, set of sheets for a twin bed, and a pillow
- Bible, notebook/journal (may bring your journal from Bible class) and pen/pencil
- Comfortable WGCS “dress pass approved” clothing (t-shirt, fingertip length shorts, athletic pants or jeans, outside shoes, sweatshirt), toiletries, sunblock, and towel and bathing suit.
- Girls may wear modest one-piece bathing suits or a “tank” that covers the mid-section during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities. Boys may wear swimsuits during any school sponsored outing that involves water activities. Boys may not wear bikini brief swimsuits. (WGCS Student/Parent Handbook p. 12)
- A positive attitude!
- Cell phone – If one is brought, it will be collected before we leave the school and returned upon their arrival back to school. Mr. Boyd can be reached by the school at any time.
- If someone is found with their technology after arriving at Crowders Ridge, a parent will be called and will have to come pick up their child. After a mandatory parent/student conference the following Monday morning at 7:30am, further disciplinary action will be taken.
Do not bring:
- Anything illegal or prohibited at WGCS & NO ELECTRONICS
PERMISSION FORM #1
CLICK HERE to submit permission form for Crowder’s Ridge:
PERMISSION FORM #2
Complete information below to sumbit permission form for WGCS: